Does Insurance Cover These Evaluations?
- Depending on your insurance plan, services (or portions of services) may be covered. Fees vary according to the specific service performed and the level of insurance coverage. A referral and/or prior authorization may be needed. Co-payments and deductibles are sometimes required, as well. I will work with you to determine what is needed prior to doing any testing with your child. It is important for you to verify coverage with your insurance company as well.
- Importantly, insurance does not cover evaluations solely to assess for Learning Disabilities or for Educational Testing. Therefore there is a separate charge for the portion of the assessment that examines your child’s academic abilities. .
- School meetings, school observations, hearings and mediations are not covered by insurance.
What Insurance is Accepted? At this time, we accept the following insurances:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
- Self-Pay: If insurance does not cover the services, you may pay for the services of out pocket. Some insurance companies will reimburse a portion of the assessment.